evening ppl
mick from sheff new to the forum
had a bora 2l se bout 6 months using load of fuel
and costing me loads to keep it running
no idea why can any one help me out a bit
cheers guys and gals

Seat til I die
16-09-2007, 07:07 PM
this isnt gonna help im afraid mate but the toledo is a far better car without half of the problems the bora suffers with.

mick1
16-09-2007, 07:30 PM
soz mate,happy wiv the car so far just need to sort fuel thing out

darkskies
17-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a 2001 VW Bora V5 (2.3l V5 170Bhp).

It was thirsty, but quick and powerful. I had to learn how to drive it to get the best fuel economy out of it.

Basically, I was blipping the throttle whilst cruising, rather than keeping a constant throttle pressure. This would get me 30-34Mpg tops. You should be getting 36-40Mpg out of a 2.0 litre (guessing).

Try and adjust your driving style and see if it helps - otherwise if it hasn't been serviced or is sounding rough take it in.

I had no major problems with the Bora, certainly better put togther than the newer VW's and Audi's and far happier with it than a 3-series equivilent.

The only 3 problems I ever ran into were both sorted under warranty which were:

Air-bag slip ring - in cold weather this contracts and set off the warning - a modification from the VW garage sorted it.

Air Mass Meter - changed when car was 2 months old.

Aircon Recirculation (out of warranty)- got stuck - VW quoted £600 to take the interior out and replace the £30 motor - the tech just pulled the plug out and solved the problem as I never used re-circ.

I had the car from new from 2001 until last month. Covered 88,000 miles without any other problems.

I've got several friends with Seats, and although they're VW parts - they don't seem to be put together as well - can't comment on the dealers.

Eshrules
17-09-2007, 12:18 PM
soz mate,happy wiv the car so far just need to sort fuel thing out

you dont actually tell us what mpg you're getting mate?

i'd say you should be getting between 30/35 mpg out of a 2.0, dependant on how you drive it of course....;)

mick1
17-09-2007, 07:26 PM
you dont actually tell us what mpg you're getting mate?

i'd say you should be getting between 30/35 mpg out of a 2.0, dependant on how you drive it of course....;)
only getting about 22/25 urban and only 27 mpg on a run,car doesn't get driven hard at all
cheers for the feed back

mick1
17-09-2007, 07:30 PM

It was thirsty, but quick and powerful. I had to learn how to drive it to get the best fuel economy out of it.

Basically, I was blipping the throttle whilst cruising, rather than keeping a constant throttle pressure. This would get me 30-34Mpg tops. You should be getting 36-40Mpg out of a 2.0 litre (guessing).

Try and adjust your driving style and see if it helps - otherwise if it hasn't been serviced or is sounding rough take it in.

I had no major problems with the Bora, certainly better put togther than the newer VW's and Audi's and far happier with it than a 3-series equivilent.

Air-bag slip ring - in cold weather this contracts and set off the warning - a modification from the VW garage sorted it.

Aircon Recirculation (out of warranty)- got stuck - VW quoted £600 to take the interior out and replace the £30 motor - the tech just pulled the plug out and solved the problem as I never used re-circ.

I had the car from new from 2001 until last month. Covered 88,000 miles without any other problems.

I've got several friends with Seats, and although they're VW parts - they don't seem to be put together as well - can't comment on the dealers.
love the car,drives superbly well,like i say heavy on the juice,bout 22/25 urban 27 tops on a run with out being driven stupidly

mick1
17-09-2007, 07:30 PM

love the car,drives superbly well,like i say heavy on the juice,bout 22/25 urban 27 tops on a run with out being driven stupidly
cheers for the feedback