PDA

View Full Version : Greeting! A3 A-Line Saloon

St3veM
04-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Hi All,

Recently joined to ask something about my A6, but thought I would say Hi in here and post up a pic of the missus new A3 S-Line Saloon...

Saw one very similar in the local dealers and that was it for her...The Q3 she has was no longer cool...Opted for the 19" wheels as these really finish the car off.

One thing I have noticed is this engine (2.0 TDi - 150Ps) seems to have a lot more punch and urge about it than the previous Q3...I assume there its a new version of the engine...

Cheers,

M1tchy
04-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Two very nice motors there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chody
05-05-2014, 03:56 PM
saw my first a3 saloon the other day very nice well proportioned looking car might have to trade the 1 series in for an a3 convertible instead

Guest 2
05-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Very nice indeed, was eyeing a white one up same as yours at Audi this afternoon.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Misc%20Content/2B447A4A-9C54-45CA-94D9-C2582D10E90E_zpsixe9wlpv.jpg~original

St3veM
05-05-2014, 05:02 PM
We (well the good lady) had a 1'er and traded this in for a Q3 - winter weather soon sealed the bmw's fate; She had the Q3 for a year. Nice car, but something was a miss and it didn't look good in her eyes... She wanted an A3 again, saw the saloon and the rest was history. She's loving it so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowcatcher
05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Very nice indeedy. The 19's on the A3 look superb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

james_tiger_woo
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I used to think the Sportback was the better looker, but I think the Saloon is the pick of the A3 "range". Looks a little Jetta like from the rear angle above, but that could be my eyes...

Wish it had been available when I ordered my Sportback (which I'm slowly starting to dislike. A lot.)

Aljo
06-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi there from Dublin,

First post on here, your wife has good taste as I recently bought an A3 Saloon 150bhp S-line.Fell in love with the car when we first saw it in the newspaper back in September.I was fortunate that I got a cancelled order otherwise I was in for a long wait.

Love the car, everything is so good I cannot believe,a few options were ordered by previous potential customer but the jewel in the crown is the B&O sound system. Incredible sound.Best of luck with yours.

Aljo.

cowcatcher
06-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I went to a dealer launch of the saloon, and preferred it over the sportback, but practicality won in the end. After 9 years of saloon cars and struggling to get stuff in the boot, I decided to go for a hatch, and glad I did. And the saloon is dearer which would have meant I would have had to sacrifice spec to get it in my budget

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickerby
10-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

Recently joined to ask something about my A6, but thought I would say Hi in here and post up a pic of the missus new A3 S-Line Saloon...

Saw one very similar in the local dealers and that was it for her...The Q3 she has was no longer cool...Opted for the 19" wheels as these really finish the car off.

One thing I have noticed is this engine (2.0 TDi - 150Ps) seems to have a lot more punch and urge about it than the previous Q3...I assume there its a new version of the engine...

Cheers,

I bet the A3 cost more than the A6. When I recently traded my A6 for a new Ultra I also got the dealer to run the numbers on an A3 saloon and was staggered at the difference. Big discounts on the A6 make it much cheaper than a similarly specced A3.

St3veM
11-06-2014, 06:30 AM
The A3 is only slightly cheaper than the A6 by a few quid; as you say, massive discounts on the 6... Part of me is wondering what discounts are on the A7's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk