PDA

View Full Version : combwork

combwork
01-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Definitely a newbie. Born in England, now lived 20 miles outside Dundee Scotland for 30 years. My only experience of Audi's was an old very fast Quatro Estate that used to be owned by a friend of mine. Now there's one available locally. 1993 V6 Estate. Just over 200,000 miles. Seller says it runs well, been well maintained and has the receipts to prove it but it needs a new front wheel-bearing. There are a few bits and pieces with the car including a new front wheel bearing . I've my own fine engineering workshop; fine as in the things I work on but I've a large tool and cutter grinder plus lathe. With luck I can get the old bearing out and the new one in but I'm curious. All I know is it's an automatic 2.6 Audi 80 Estate.

Nothing I can see in the advertisement about 2 or 4 wheel drive. Is it likely to be 4 wheel drive? I may be moving up North to a place where 4 wheel drive is a necessity, preferably with rear difflock and ideally center diflock as well.

Thanks for helping me. Maybe I'm asking too many questions for a first post but I'm trying to find out as much as possible about what I could be getting into.

Guest 2
01-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Welcome to VWAF :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

combwork
01-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks Chris, glad to be here. One thing I've already learned is that not all Audis are 4 wheel drive. I've been through the headings and so far I've not found members Wanted or For Sale categories. Could you tell me please, did I miss them or is it something that the Forum doesn't allow?