PDA

View Full Version : HUD sunlight reflected from unit onto windscreen

Herbie1213
28-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I've had to have the HUD unit replaced due to one of the reflective mirrors being defective. On a recent trip in bright sunlight I was being distracted by sunlight reflected from the HUD onto the windscreen. I tried moving my seat, moving the display but this did not make any difference.
I know reflections can be an issue but this was dangerous. I cannot recall this being on issue with the original unit.
Has anyone experienced similar issues? Next time this happens I'll video on my phone and post.

Thanks if you respond to this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mark
28-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes.

When I had my HUD replaced, I noticed this also however it was just one corner that seemed to be a problem. I am guessing it is dependant on seat position etc.

The previous HUD unit did not have this same problem.

But of course it is only an issue when the sun is out and you are traveling at a certain angle to the position of the sun in the sky.

Herbie1213
28-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Thank @mark you're right it is one corner. The annoying thing is I had it it for best part of a 3 hour trip the other day. I will video it and ask Audi for their opinion. Need some sun now haha.

M1tchy
30-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah I also get some reflections in one corner. Quite annoying but I wouldn't say dangerous. Then again I live in wales and the sun comes out on very rare occasions!

Herbie1213
02-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi M1tchy funny enough it was while I was on the M4 on my way to Swansea that I noticed it. Must have been my lucky day!