PDA

View Full Version : Transmission/Gearbox Belly Pan (Undercover Schield)

alfanikos
14-07-2006, 02:27 PM
The car is a Passat 1.8T (2001) with manual gearbox.

I intend to install a rear sound deadener/gearbox Belly Pan (undercover schield) same as the one existing in the diesel model.

From the ETKA catalogue I can find 4 options for this part.

1. 8DO 863822 (TDI 4 CYL MANUAL GEARBOX)
2. 4BO 863 822G (TDI 4 CYL AUTO GEARBOX)
3. 4BO 863 822N (V6 6 CYL MANUAL GEARBOX)
4. 4BO 863 822N (V6 6 CYL AUTO GEARBOX)

The difference is that some covers from all above do have a rectangular opening somewhere in the middle to accommodate the transmission.

Here are the questions:

1. Has anyone fitted such a cover? How difficult is to install it?
2. Which is the correct part number I have to use?
3. Which of the above covers do not have an opening? I suspect the item no 1 but can someone confirm it by just looking under his car?

Thanks in advance.

alfanikos
17-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I have posted a similar question to VWvortex but unfortunatelly no "small" TDIs are imported in USA.
Since Iam not expecting an answer from there can you please guys, here in Europe ,check your part number, in case you do have a PASSAT 1.9 TDI, (for the rear cover) and post it here.

Sam
18-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't know but send an email to www.vagparts.com and see what they have to say.

Depending on just how much the rear cover covers it may be that the V6 wont fit at all (due to the twin exit exhausts). I'd go for the first one too as it is the most similar but as usual VW = varies widely.

As for there being no small TDIs in America, this isn't true, there seems to be quite a few popping up on the www.ClubB5.com boards.

Good luck in your quest

Sam

alfanikos
25-07-2006, 09:25 AM
May I rephrase the question?

Can someone sent me a VIN (vehicle identification number) for a Passat TDI (with 1.9 Liter engine and manual Gearbox)) model 2001-2005.

I will use this number to extract from ETKA the belly Pan Part Number.

Thanks