PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Sarge786
15-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I have an Audi A2 that has suffered FIRE DAMAGE, I am in the process of repairing it, and was wondering what you guys thought.

Regards
SARGE

zx9
18-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Sarge
Great minds think alike.
I have been looking at this forum for a while, but have not registered untill now, they seem to have some good folk but as the A4 has been sooooo reliable I have not had as much cause to get involved in debate. Unlike the MB!!!!!

Regards

ZX9 ( Keith )

Sarge786
18-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Keith, LOL..yeh great minds DO think alike :biglaugh:. I have newly joined this forum out of the desperate need for info.

Its my first Audi, and so far things are not looking too good mate. Need to get hold of the WIS equivalent man... have you got a copy?

Kind Regards
SARGE

zx9
18-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Sarge
Sorry mate its has been mostly dealer maintained from new, 130k mls, seven years old and its has needed the following in all that time.

Discs and pads -- lots
Tyres ---- P6000 s about 50k mls per set
Expansion tank ---- Euro car parts
Usual service items inc. belts and idler pully, filters, fluids etc.
One leak from cam cover gasket.
One suspension arm at front ( bushes gone )
One flexable hose on rear.
Heater / blower motor ---- Euro car parts
Hazard switch ------- Euro car parts

We are getting down to the small stuf now inc. several hose clips as the self tightening ones fitted from new do not seem to work so well on smaller diameter pipes.

To sort are Audi Concert display and volume control anoying but not too bad and missing pixels on DIS display both items are a bit generic I am affraid.

Mine is in Kingfisher blue which cost about £500 over the basic metalics when ordered and used to realy stand out, untill Ford and Vauxhaul started to use a similar colour. But it used to realy stand out in hotel car parks amongst the rest of our company cars ( almost all BMs and almost all silver or silver/blue/green )

It is my third Audi the others were an eighty coupe ( bright red ) and a 20V quattro coupe ( metalic blue/black and went like stink )

Got to do some work now,

Regards

ZX9 ( Keith )

Sarge786
18-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I am now in need of a complete wiring loom especially the section running under the dashboard.
It must be for the 1.4i SE PETROL model.
I also needs lots of other parts of the interior. If anyone can help please email me.

Regards
SARGE

Sam
18-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Welcome aboard, both of you.

Check out our Supporting Companies section here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33). Particularly the Parts Discounts for Members section.

Sarge786
19-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard, both of you.

Check out our Supporting Companies section here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33). Particularly the Parts Discounts for Members section.

Thank you mycarsavw.

It seems I am at the mercy of the Audi dealers, because without this wiring loom, I have wasted inaccess of £3000. Plus the quote for one of the four pieces of wiring loom for £3120.

So, please anyone if someone knows of a Petrol 1.4 SE being broken, then please let me know. I have found 3 but they are Diesel, which are of no use to me.

:aargh4:

Sam
19-09-2007, 11:03 AM
PM sent ;)

zx9
23-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi Sarge
Just found a link in A4 forum

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

may be of use when the A2 is all back together.
Wish you could get this for MB, I have a T5 LWB Transporter feeling coming on.

Regards

ZX9 ( Keith )