PDA

View Full Version : New Car Soon

Tanto
14-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I'll be changing my company car in October and I have a list to choose from that includes the following:

VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi SE or Sport (140bhp) - can add extras to the SE, may be able to scrape metallic paint on the Sport.

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi SE (140bhp) - no extras.

Honda Accord 2.2 CDTi Sport Estate

Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D T4 Estate (150bhp) - can add extras + local dealer happy to help with authorised Toyota tuning for diesel engine.

Peugeot 407SW 2.0HDi Executive - manual or auto + extras.

Skoda Octavia L&K Estate 2.0 TDi - manual or DSG + extras.

Any thoughts, comments and recommendations will be very welcome.

Just to give you a little more background, I work in a multifunctional support capacity for a healthcare company supplying/supporting patient safety & tracing systems. I drive around 45,000 miles per annum, I'm married with 2 teenage daughters and we have a labrador to transport in the back of the car. Comfort and safety are important to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers ;)

nickasaki
28-07-2006, 04:37 PM
If you go for the VW or Audi you will have a good car and when you come to get rid of it you will retain alot of value even if you do the mileage that you say you do, if you go for the Skoda you will get the same engeneering that you would on the VW + Audi (most of the engine,suspension,steering,brakes and electrics are the same) also like you say you will get alot of toys aswell (extras) so personally i would have one of the 3 VW/AUDI/SKODA ,
I cant say much about the others, other than they are just cars and main stream ones at that, sorry if i sound a bit biast but having worked on all these makes i see alot less of the VW/AUDI/SKODA than i do of the others....Good luck .....allways follow your choise with buying cars as only you know what you like, dont let others push there preferances on you....

Tanto
29-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Good points Nickasaki. I'm organising extended test drives in the cars to see how I get on with them. I've experienced good reliability in the past with Toyotas, VW Passats and Audi A4s. I'm interested in your experience with Skodas as I've found quite a lot of evidence of reliability and warranty problems via the Briskoda web site. Have you much experience of Octavia diesels? I do need a reliable car.;)

nickasaki
29-07-2006, 06:05 PM
The engine in the Skoda Octavias are basicaly Audi or VW engines so you can trust them ,,,,All cars can and do have problems i yet to know of anybody to have a new car and not have to return it to the main dealers even if its only to replace a bulb or a squeek on the door ???, Yes even BMW cars :D and you know how people go on and on about them... Just enjoy the test drives and go with your instincts.....Good luck:biglaugh:

Tanto
31-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi Nickasaki. I know what you mean about BMWs, I currently have a 320d SE Tourer and it's been fantastic.
I've covered 116,000 miles in 2 yrs 9 mths with no probs - not even a squeak!:approve: A change in company policy means I can't have another BMW so I'm looking forward to the test drives to hopefully find another safe, reliable & comfortable car. If I'm lucky it might also be fun to drive. ;)