PDA

View Full Version : p13W to LED

djkprojects
19-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Hello,

I'm sure the question was asked many times but wanted to ask again to double check ;)

I have A4 B8 2008 Avant with yellow halogen DRL and would like to replace these with LED version. Is it just a matter of taking the halo out and replacing with LED version or does it require any further mods. I've seen some posts explaining how to do it (no images though) and it involved taking the light out cutting two masking holes out and replacing the bulbs - is it just this ?

Also, on ebay there are different looking LED DRLs and not sure what the difference is - which one would you recommend please?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, someone has suggested getting 8J0 941 607 cap to cover the cut out holes but I can't find it anywhere - perhaps the part number is for non-UK market ?

richlean
19-04-2014, 08:56 AM
A different type of drl question... (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487642)

And within that thread is a link to some very good pictures from on this forum.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

djkprojects
19-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks,

Any ideas where I can get the caps - can'tfind them anywhere online in UK ? :/

Guest 2
19-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Audi parts desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyam
19-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Audi is only the place really. I kicked up a fuss and they gave me 1 set. Paid for another 8£ a pair I think. The bulbs I got from a member from audi-sport forum. Top bloke

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

andyam
19-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Gunnark100
20-04-2014, 08:09 AM
24268You can put old cutted caps back with silicone or similar and works perfectly-at least in my case!

andylef
22-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Did this about 4 weeks ago. Sourced the bulbs from T8ups (as above), the caps from Audi; didn't quite get them down to £8 but push for a discount. There are quite a few pics and descriptions of how to do this on this and similar sites. Once I'd done one (you'll need to cut 4) the others were very quick. Changed all four bulbs in 20 mins and only took me an hour in total.

It all looks great, except when you turn on the headlights, which despite being upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, look quite yellow against the new LED DRLs :1zhelp:

andyam
22-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Did this about 4 weeks ago. Sourced the bulbs from T8ups (as above), the caps from Audi; didn't quite get them down to £8 but push for a discount. There are quite a few pics and descriptions of how to do this on this and similar sites. Once I'd done one (you'll need to cut 4) the others were very quick. Changed all four bulbs in 20 mins and only took me an hour in total.

It all looks great, except when you turn on the headlights, which despite being upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, look quite yellow against the new LED DRLs :1zhelp:

I have Philips diamond vision bulbs in mine. And then had main beam and fog lights from trups

andylef
22-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I have Philips diamond vision bulbs in mine. And then had main beam and fog lights from trups

Have you got any handy pics for a comparison?

Cheers