PDA

View Full Version : naff radio

pistonbroke
15-09-2007, 09:01 PM
we have just bought a 98 s reg polo 1.4cl,,the cd player is a sony x-plod type,but the sound from it is a joke,i have messed around with the settings to get more bass,but no joy.,there is no sound coming from the door speakers either,,oh and the radio doesnt seem to work,ie wont pick up any stations:aargh4:

any one any ideas?

adamss24
15-09-2007, 09:12 PM
It may not been wired properly or its been installed in a hurry, just to fill in the gap. I think, if the aerial on the car is ok, then it will definatelly need an aerial adaptor(almost all aftermarket head units needs that !) and the door speakers may not been conected alltoghether. Its a 2 or 4 door car ? Some base spec vw only came with front door speakers( no rears !) and there were few models that did not have any tweeters fitted at all. I suggest you buy adaptor rings (Autoleads)from local Halfords store and they will allow to fit bigger component speakers(separate woofers and tweeters) and will sound much better. Dont ditch the head unit yet as its sounds better than the rubbish they fit at the factory !

pistonbroke
16-09-2007, 08:39 PM
thanks for the reply,,the car is a 5 door,there are two large speakers in the front doors,and two on top of the dash,i will whip it out and check the connections:beerchug: