PDA

View Full Version : B8 MMI Knob from central console not clicking

lemnarm
17-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi,

My name is Mircea and I recently bought a 2010 beautiful white B8 with 3g navi , the kind that has the controls next to the shift knob.

The problem is that the big wheel / knob that controls the mmi is not clicking anymore when rotating , just rotating freely and because of that the menu navigation / activations is frustrating because you keep on pressing on the wrong menus.

I have managed to take the console arround the shift knob apart and noticed that the big knob is broken and because of that it's rotating freely. Has anyone any idea where I can buy this knob ? Anyone experienced something similat to this ?

Does anyone have any diagram with the parts in the mmi console so that I can get a part code or something ??

Thanks
Mircea

alexmac732
17-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Audi dealer (not cheap thougth for what it is]. Just pulls off and pushes back on

lemnarm
17-04-2014, 12:48 PM
well , it's not the plastic knob that is at fault , because the clicking (interrupted rotation) is given by the parts that are connected to the plastic knob (I am not sure how to explain this , I am not an native english speaker).

I need the whole assembly or at least the parts that are connected to the knob :)

Thanks
Mircea

richlean
18-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I've found that the parts guys at the Audi dealerships are pretty helpful when it comes to identifying the bits you need, so I think it's worth having a conversation with them. You might be lucky with one of the sellers breaking cars on eBay, but more often those parts are sold as part of a whole MMI system.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

lemnarm
18-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Hmmm , that would be my move if I don't find the part number ( if there is one ) , in some other way. I was planning to avoid that because the Audi dealership here is really expensive , and for sure would cost me a lot to get only that part ... if possible at all.

I have also looked on ebay to find a console , but they are priced arround 200euros ... and that's a bit to much to pay in order to have the button click ...

Thanks,
Mircea

lemnarm
24-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately as I thought , the dealership is not helpfull , they say the button is not replaceable only the whole mmi console which is 800 euro, as I thought.

I sincerely doubt that , but their business is to make money and sell me the whole console ...

Does anyone by mistake have access to a parts diagram for the mmi console ? so that I can find out the part code ? if there is one ... or alternate ...

Thanks
Mircea