PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this trim melt before?

neebsta
15-04-2014, 06:26 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh114/neebsta74/7F1A9D64-6D1D-4F7C-8E11-4E0D32C26CF6_zpsylrdbohc.jpg

It seems it melts from exhaust fumes? Something else to fix whilst they repair more rust!

Dieseldoos
15-04-2014, 10:07 PM
:eek: I know exhausts can get hot, but never seen that happen on a B8 before!

neebsta
15-04-2014, 10:14 PM
The photo doesn't capture the ripples too well. It's like having an undulating hillside on your rear bumper ;)

Compared to my A6 Avant that thing was built out of iron ore - this A4, it's built of Philadelphia soft cheese. At the moment every month seems to bring another problem. The quality difference between an A4 and an A6 is huge, like comparing a Robin Reliant to a Bentley. I loved my A6 Avant faultless through over 160k miles. By comparison, this A4 on 78k has just been a huge disappointment.

In 11 months both wings - rusty, Cill - rusty, drivers side door - rusty, DPF - gone, Ignition fault, handbrake fault, broken drivers side door lock. It still does this weird acceleration thing when you put your foot down, nothing, until you then moved forward like you have been shunted from behind. It's not right, and I have challenged Audi to fix it once and for all. It's still under warranty, so cost is covered, but it's the inconvenience.

I feel better now I have that off my chest.