PDA

View Full Version : New A7 - one week in

Audi convert
12-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Collected my new A7 last friday - 350 miles and 7 days later, here is my opinion.

Generally very pleased with my choice and a 100% Audi convert after a couple of BMWs.

I had reservations about quartz grey after 4 black cars (when clean nothing beats black), but after a week only close inspection revealed dirt.

In the showroom the quartz was quite dark but in the sunlight it is quite light (slightly prefer the colour under false light in the showroom).

Beaufort wood inlay looks and feels really good in my opinion and really brightens the cockpit giving loads of character.

SE on 19" rims is great on nice road surfaces but a little bumpy on poorer roads.

One major annoying rattle noise in the drivers door and was cursing Audi for first hundred miles until I realised the culprit was my sunglasses case

Finding it hard not to open it up more and feel like Im in back to the future trying to go 86 mph to make the spoiler pop up!

Gave it a first wash (by hand) today and compared to washing a black car was a doddle although those door seals and nooks and crannies like to hold water.

iPhone5 dock in armrest helps boost signal (purchased from spares dept.)

Couple of minor downers

Managed to slightly kerb front offside alloy on day 1 :mad: Frown (only minor but MAJOR in my eyes)

Wife feels travel-sick (at least it keeps her quiet), never had this before.

TMC = either not working (mostly crossed out) or shockingly bad compared to BMW.

Front cup holders wouldn't take two costa coffees

Wing mirrors tilting when reversing are nowhere near as effective as BMW that really helped when avoiding kerbs.

When searching phone entries using alphabet dial it defaults to a cyrillic ring (requires bottom left MMI button click to revert to normal alphabet)

Rubber boot liner is not a perfect fit.

M1tchy
12-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Very nice mate. Glad you like it.

As for your gripes, have you tried programming the dipping mirror for reverse to get a better position? I know what you mean about cleaning a black car, its a pain! I like your wheels, look very smart.

Audi convert
12-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Very nice mate. Glad you like it.

As for your gripes, have you tried programming the dipping mirror for reverse to get a better position? I know what you mean about cleaning a black car, its a pain! I like your wheels, look very smart.

Will try programming mirrors tomorrow, didn't know I could - thanks

Your BiTDI must be awesome - next car

M1tchy
12-04-2014, 10:27 PM
yeah, just put it in reverse and the mirror will obviously dip, then put the mirror switch to the left mirror (while in reverse) and move it to the position you would prefer it to be in, when you are done just drive off and it should then move to that position every time.

M1tchy
12-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Your BiTDI must be awesome - next car

Thanks, it is pretty awesome - I love it.

Just a thought on your Mrs feeling sick in the A7, have you tried a different driving mode? Comfort or something may soften things up for her?

Audi convert
13-04-2014, 06:05 PM
yeah, just put it in reverse and the mirror will obviously dip, then put the mirror switch to the left mirror (while in reverse) and move it to the position you would prefer it to be in, when you are done just drive off and it should then move to that position every time.

So only left mirror dips...

On my old BMW both dipped which was good especially parking at home with kerb on drivers side (as cant be bothered to open gates and park on my drive)

M1tchy
13-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes mate, just the left mirror on Audi's. I would prefer both to dip but not found a way to change it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Johnny31
13-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes mate, just the left mirror on Audi's. I would prefer both to dip but not found a way to change it yet.

Hmmmm... Source a mirror from a LHD car? :)

M1tchy
13-04-2014, 10:33 PM
I thought that, but both are electric anyway so it's just a case of programming somewhere.

Furillo
16-04-2014, 09:37 PM
She looks great and good to see another SE on the 10 Spokes. Re TMC must be a settings issue. I seem to spend more time listening to traffic updates than normal radio station

Moogie
17-04-2014, 11:18 AM
TMC messages (www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?153033-TMC-messages)

The TMC service seems to come and go. Dont think its the car...

Guest 2
17-04-2014, 11:20 AM
TMC messages (www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?153033-TMC-messages)

The TMC service seems to come and go. Dont think its the car...

Depends on signal to the station which sends the TMC messages, I think it's Classic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moogie
17-04-2014, 11:41 AM
yeah, its via Classic "FM" (ie, not DAB)

Audi convert
20-04-2014, 08:10 AM
When searching phone entries using alphabet dial it defaults to a cyrillic ring of letters (requires bottom left MMI button click to revert to normal english alphabet)

Anyone else get this issue?

M1tchy
22-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Nope. Mine is normal letters and the bottom left key gives me the random letters of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk