PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Tiguan purchase

rodaire
11-04-2014, 01:49 PM
My recent purchase after trading-in a 2010 Jetta (a 'demo') onto a Tiguam Match BM 140 TDi was done in a bit of a blur !

We had been thinking of the move for a while but had virtually decided to wait until the Jetta's VW purchase scheme ran out at the end of May but after a couple of letters from VW suggesting a change might be preferred (by us) I looked at the dealer's website and called in.

Bottom line is we drove to the dealer on Mother's Day (BIG mistake -- no tables available for lunch) 50 miles away to sign papers and pickup the vehicle on the next day. Somwhere along the line my preferences for features vaporised with the exception of the colour and the whole event seemed to have been governed by the expiration of the £2750 'gift' from VW and I rather think that the vehicle which is now in our garage slid under the wire.

Anyway, after reading through the manual and running backwards and forwards to the driver's seat I have been disappointed to find that a couple of features are not provided and it is disappointing that at that price there would be no mats in the damn thing. Kinda takes me back to North America when you had to dicker over any little thing like radios or mats. The near-side mirror could have been capable of tilting down when reverse was selected but this doesn't happen because that 'feature' is apparently not on this model.

I have written Operating Manuals for Power Plants and IMHO the VW manuals are a hodge-podge from start to finish.

Sorry for the long moan but the only lesson I needed was to sit and think and inspect before signing my life away for the next four years and I hope someone might read this and ponder before jumping into a purchase !

Guest 2
11-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Did you not ask for mats? Passenger dipping mirror can be enabled with vcds if you really want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodaire
11-04-2014, 07:35 PM
When I asked where the mats where I was told that the vehicle (this vehicle) didn't come with mats. I have purchased my own.
Incidentally, the sales guy also told me that Volkswagen didn't 'go' for retracting mirrors !! Disproved easily after reading the wonderful manual !
About the mirrors: when using the manual instructions to access the Settings/Convenience menu the only option available is Synchronised or not.

Thanks.

gtime
12-04-2014, 09:13 AM
It can be activated by vcds but it is hit or miss if it works, I activated it on mine and didn't work, gutted as my mk6 had it and it would be really handy on the height of the Tig. I had to argue with the dealer for matts . He said your not going to turn down a sale over some matts, I started walking and said watch me! I got matts