PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing an s4

chrispy192
07-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi guys and girls,

I've been to look at an Audi s4 in part ex for my golf gtd that I have at the moment.

Is there anything I need to be aware of when going back to look for a second time and closing a deal? Any common problems or issues?

I know these are a 3.0 supercharged so I know that the mpg isn't going to be amazing but what can I realistically expect both mpg and miles per tank.

Any other little quirks owners have noticed?

Cheers,
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allanmb
07-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi guys and girls,

I've been to look at an Audi s4 in part ex for my golf gtd that I have at the moment.

Is there anything I need to be aware of when going back to look for a second time and closing a deal? Any common problems or issues?

I know these are a 3.0 supercharged so I know that the mpg isn't going to be amazing but what can I realistically expect both mpg and miles per tank.

Cheers,
Chris.

You should get similar fuel economy to my old 3.2 which averaged around 26mpg. This was approx 300 miles to the tank for town driving and 400 miles country. Of course, you make this much lower if you try ;-)

theskyfox
07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi guys and girls,

Cheers,
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a topic near this one titled "What to look for when buying a 3.0TDi". Some of the suggestions in there cover the B8 platform in general and will be just as relevant, so is worth a quick look.

-Andrew

wicked677
07-04-2014, 05:13 PM
One to watch is oil consumption, check the MMI and then check the miles travelled, this will give you a good indication if the car has an oil issue or not. Unless of course they have reset the speedo... but one to look for as some drink oil! Otherwise pretty solid car all round!