PDA

View Full Version : A4 s line engine recondition

borostu82
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi guys

not used this forum much so don't know if this is posted in the correct place.

i have had some bad new recently.

First of my car is a 2007 Audi a4 2.0 tdi s line
I have been told my car is burning oil. After doing some research and chatting with a few friends one if the options is possibly getting the engine reconditioned/serviced.

The problem started off with the car going in to limp mode. I ended up getting the dpf removed and the car tuned. This seemed to have fixed the problem at first but the car still wasn't performing right but the limp mode problems had been resolved.
It then appeared that the egr value was stuck open due to the amount of carbon stuck in the valve.
I then had this cleaned an permanently close as that's how it should of been set up after the dpf removal and tune.
The car still had issues which we thought were sticky vains so decided to leave my car with them to trouble shoot the issue for a week or 2. This is when I received the bad news that the engine is burning oil due to possible damaged piston rings.

Does anyone know of any decent places in the north east or south east where I could get the engine reconditioned.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to provide all the details.

borostu82
01-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Sorry forgot to add I only notice performance issues at around 2900 rpm up over and 1st - 3rd gear doesn't seem to bad. The car engine starts to stutter under hard acceleration too.

Hex69
01-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Have you had a fault code read?

Also post your engine code (e.g. BLB) as some of the 2.0 litre PD engines have a number of well known faults.

borostu82
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Have you had a fault code read?

Also post your engine code (e.g. BLB) as some of the 2.0 litre PD engines have a number of well known faults.

At at first I was getting under boost when the car was dropping in to limp mode but after the dpf removal I haven't had any limp more or codes.
I have done some research and noticed on a seat Leon forum someone had a similar issue and he had issues with the map.

I also read this:

Could the below be why it's burning oil and not performing

"its possible that who ever mapped it before didn't do it correctly and the car injector was still injecting a small amount of engine oil to regen the non existing DPF"

Is this also possible cause?