PDA

View Full Version : My New A7

stephenl
31-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Posting this really to say thanks to all on this forum, includes A6 forum too.
So this is first my audi - learned to drive in my dads audi 100? estate some 25 years ago
Only have the car a few days & really enjoying everything about it. Spec as per signature.
Anyone else looking to buy an A7 - it is worth taking the time trawling the all of the posts remembering there are slight changes in May every year.
When negotiating with dealers knowledge is everything and this forum will provide all you need to know and if you have a question don't be afraid to post it as someone will usually help. most of us just lurk quietly til we buy.
I knew roughly what price to aim for [ drivethedeal] so subtly suggested to dealer what deposit and monthly payment i had in mind and he matched it. His initial offer was the standard one.
The downside to the site is that you read about the extras e.g. I added 'tech pack low' at last minute [ but still with a discount].
My car is the now 'regulation' daytona grey but is actually a front wheel drive - think there is 2 or 3 other such members. This caused me some stress - at one stage nearly went for SE quattro - but my driving style, job, economy, sline looks and daytona grey resulted in multitronic. maybe in a month i will add a review to new owners thread.
the only poor part of the car is the physical design of the HUD - looks stuck on, but its great for everyday driving [ the car being so quiet thats it easy to forget speed limits].

M1tchy
31-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I can't see your signature as I'm on my iphone but glad you like your new car and having no problems with it. Great choice of colour too!

Any pictures of your new motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenl
31-03-2014, 10:47 PM
yeah looks like yours:D LOL
have to post some photos from a different angle maybe. beautiful cars aren't they? now i got my mine i have seen at least 3 in my area dammit - not daytona grey though.

Audi convert
01-04-2014, 02:45 AM
yeah looks like yours:D LOL
have to post some photos from a different angle maybe. beautiful cars aren't they? now i got my mine i have seen at least 3 in my area dammit - not daytona grey though.

Welcome, I pick up my new A7 (and 1st Audi) on Friday

On business in Maryland, USA at the moment so Friday will come round quick (not sure if time difference or anticipation of new car has prevented me sleeping last few days!)

stephenl
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks. Time will drag now.
just noticed my previous post doesn't read as I meant.... Sorry M1tchy

Sauron
01-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Stephenl

congratulations and enjoy! Just curious, as per your sig is the 3.0 TID a MY14 change to the engine? Sorry couldn't resist.

stephenl
01-04-2014, 08:01 PM
sauron - good spot. medical for three times a day? wishing it had a BI mixed in there? disturbing apple correction?

Sauron
01-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Actually at my age it's surprising I noticed it - failing eyes, failing memory, decreased duration between bathroom visits etc.