PDA

View Full Version : Audi A1 Media buttons

hercgirlx
29-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi

Not sure if anyone could give me some advise.

I have a 62 plate A1 Sport TDI it's 16 month old and recently noticed that the fast forward/rewind buttons on my media system are basically falling to bits. One is split in half and the other is about to fall off! I don't know how as when i'm driving i use my steering wheel keys 9/10 times i don't have any kids that would play with them to damage them and when you pay good money for a car the 1/10 times i have used it i dont exactly hammer the buttons.

Called in to my local Audi dealer today to query them on it. The service adviser took a look and wanted the car to get booked in so they can check for damage behind the panel.

Too be honest all i could see was pound signs rolling round in his eyes but i could be wrong. He said if it was damage by either pushing the button to hard or pressing it to much..??? it would cost me £1000 plus to replace the whole media front as they couldn't just replace the buttons. Also if it is damage and i decide not to go ahead with the change they would charge me for the labour. Totally gobsmacked i booked in to get it checked out and left.

Pondering to my self on the way home... The car is 16 month old... why are the buttons breaking..... How the hell can they charge me £1000 ...

Does any one know if this covered under any warranties? I'm so annoyed this is my first Audi and so far it's been a pretty poor experience due to customer service/ after service/ problems with the car and now this. It could be just me but i think this is a bit excessive. I had a 10 year old Nissan before this and never had a problem with it especially buttons splitting.

Would appreciate it if people can give me some advise as i'm unsure what to do.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Guest 2
29-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Welcome.

You have a 3yr/60k warranty from first date of registration, it's gonna be hard to prove you didn't break them but I'd try another dealer.

The dealer you went to wasn't Teesside by any chance?

hercgirlx
30-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks for your reply. What and just ask the same sort of thing can they check it out?

Yeah it was Teesside