PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Creak & Other Faults

james_tiger_woo
26-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Ok, maybe I'm hyper sensitive or maybe it's the car, but I left work today and about half a mile up the road, I went over a speedbump - The kind you get at a pedestrian crossing so a good height. My speed was low as, despite the fact it's a company car, I do take care of it.

As the nose dropped, there was a definite creaking sound - I had this in my B6 Passat and my Mk6 Golf and neither time was it repaired as both times I couldn't replicate the problem when the technicians had it. I couldn't replicate it immediately as it was wet and the next time I got to one, the noise had gone.

The question here is - is it me?

There are other faults that I will get seen to - some I've mentioned before, but there is a new one:

Creaking MMI screen (I know, it's still there)
Seal gone in the rear (see comment above)
NEW! A clear rattle behind the pedals - generally noticeable when the engine is under load (accelerating)

I'm going to get the car booked in soon, but it's a pain as there is no dealer close to me - something I'm beginning to regret...

steaming
02-04-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi james, I'm the same with creaks and rattles they drive me mad.
mine had creaky mmi and the rear windscreen wiper made loud noise when working.
Hopefully both are fixed

steverobertsbbc
09-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I had this from new on my brand-new (March this year) Sportback with mag ride. It was awful in warm, dry weather, particularly over speed bumps but silent in cool, damp weather.

I made a recording of it on my phone just in case it didn't do it when I took it to the dealer. This is what it sounded like just driving down the road:

http://www.purpleville.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/temp/A3Rattle.m4a

Anyway, West London Audi had it in this week and confirmed my diagnosis of a faulty drivers side top strut bearing. They changed both the mount and the bearing and the problem is no longer there.

cowcatcher
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Mines had the rattle behind the pedals. Took it in and told me to stop riding the clutch pedal, and it stop rattling for a while. If I find myself resting on the clutch something rattles... It also does it when accelerating hard on high aggregate rough tarmac (without foot resting on clutch) Also the seat belt height adjuster on the drivers side vibrates. Very annoying when it's right by my ear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk