PDA

View Full Version : I've got a VW & an Audi!

big-buoy
14-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum! I am interested in a few slight mods for our cars.
Mine is a new A4 Cab 2.0 TDi S Line (1 week old today!) and my wife's is a Touran 1.9 TDi SE

We've got our own VAG !

I've been reading with interest about fitting HIDs since factory fit costs are a bit mad!

Also as a query I fitted a "tuning box" aka 150ohm resistor to my wife's fuel temp sensor. Things went well for a while then the temp sensor died! :zx11: Luckily a warranty job. However lesson learnt! But we do miss that extra grunt! Any suggestions about applying a more engine friendly approach?? :confused:

Anyway, I look forward to spening some quality time reading through the forum. :naughty:

Regards
Jason

AudiJay
14-09-2007, 03:48 PM
[
I have an 2006 A4 2.0T special edition 220bhp I have noticed that the chrome has gone milky along the bottom of the door windows but not above them or on the front grill surround, audi have replaced them once but it has happened again. condused by why not all the chrome has gone milky?

Any help?

big-buoy
14-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello

It may be that your detergent is corrosive. I woulod advise changing that for a start.

Also, Look at diamondbrite by jewelultra, some VW garages use this as an option when taking delivery of a new car. Supaguard is the alternative, but I prefer jewelultra.

It is a paint sealant/protectant but is good for the aluminium strips also. Check out

www.jewelultra.com (http://www.jewelultra.com)

and look on ebay for the products...search under diamondbrite....the bonus is that as long as you follow the cleaning regime, you will never need to polish you car.

This should help seal you aluminim strips and protect them against
de-anodisation...usually caused by caustic attack.

I hope this helps

regards

Jason