PDA

View Full Version : DVD Sat Nav verson confusion

cactusgreen
20-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Just what is the current version numbers for the DVD based sat nav? Dad's went in to have it updated to hopefully correct a problem, and the numbers are not even close to mine (but i do have the HD one).

The firmware number did not alter, there was a small increase to the software version - but still a V5....were as mine went 5 to 6, and that was last year?

Anyone...

Guest 2
20-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Version numbers and map update part numbers will obviously be different between the two systems.

Is his 2G or 3G?

cactusgreen
20-03-2014, 01:47 PM
How can i tell 2 from 3? its a 2012 B8 DVD based no joystick. I did get a pic of the screen before it went in if that helps....

Sofware Version:
BNav_EU_P0206_D1

Nav. database version:
4G0919884K ECE 5.13.8

Guest 2
20-03-2014, 01:48 PM
3G. If they were both HDD and had the same maps then the letters and numbers would be the same but as they're two different things they're obviously gonna be different.

cactusgreen
20-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Yep, just worked out it must be 3G low....so the question is then, is it now as up-to-date as it can be? I'm guesing the maps must now be as they are March 2014...and it has correced the local error of making us turn left drive a mile to a roundabout, U-turn on it and come all the way back past were we start lol....what about the firmware??

TBH we both stated al this because we have never had either system redirect based on road conditions....at best all i ever get is there is a delay on your route - no alternative can be found.....at worst it directed me to the M25 when it had ben cosed for over 5 hours, and would not accept there was a problem!?!

Often i see a delay on the route - as indicated by the red/white hatched line it uses.....but its always the wrong side/direction of travel??? so il be going south, on an empty road watching ,mles of traffic at a standstill not moving north.....and my unit happily tells me it clear north and not moinving south!

Iharris
03-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Can anyone advise how to fix the satnav when it cannot locate your current position properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iharris
03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
My A4 B8 (2010 with MMI) has just developed symptoms. Picks up the general area we are in, but not accurately, tells us to turn left or right when we can't, do a u turn when we should not etc . Any suggestions on how to fix? Like any computer, I thought a thorough reboot would be the first step, hut I cannot work out how to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 2
03-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Has it been in with Audi recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iharris
04-04-2014, 11:05 AM
yes, for emission control system replacement

Guest 2
04-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Has it had the free firmware update about the voice prompts? Massive thread on here if you search 'voice prompts'