PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi 2.0tdi

H&O2008
12-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I have a friend who is after a B8 2.0tdi, what are members thoughts on them or should he pick a different model has about 8k to spend.
Also does anyone know of one that is for sale pref in black

Guest 2
12-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Good engine,far better than the PD lump they replaced thats for sure!!

andyam
13-03-2014, 06:39 PM
I have a 140 2.0tdi 08 plate. Love it. Had it since November

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

C172s
14-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I had an A4 B8 with the 2.0 TDi 143 engine. It was extremely refined and quiet for a diesel both inside and out. It felt like a huge upgrade over my previous 1.9 tdie pump Duse as it seemed to hum more like a petrol rather than rattle like the stereotypical diesel.

It was very quick off the mark and a great motorway cruiser with all that torque that was readily available. I feel the engine was slightly underrated but I'm not complaining. I also managed to get over 60mpg after about 20k miles on the clock at certain points. Prior to that I would achieve 55 mpg on my 8 mile run to work on quiet roads which was impressive.

Good luck with finding one. It ll be a steal for 8k, and do post a picture.

andyam
14-03-2014, 11:07 AM
55mpg???? How what huh I don't get that at all

C172s
14-03-2014, 12:04 PM
55mpg???? How what huh I don't get that at all

It became a bit of an obsession truth be told. I used quiet roads and wasn't affected by high numbers of traffic so I could drive it in an efficient manner, knowing where the corners were, the upslopes and down slopes, slow and gentle acceleration with the climate control off. Not sporty driving at all.

I used to let the car warm up for 10 minutes beforehand which makes a huge difference with fuel consumption especially in the winter. As I'd put on the coffee, I'd go out and start the engine. Cold starts and Idle don't use a lot of fuel compared with cold revving(accelerating ) I used to accelerate gently and changed gear early well before 2000 rpm. Gentle acceleration, light touches, and gentle braking seemed to work for me.

Some days were better than others. It's knowing that the engine can do it, and that is what I was after.

mulla
26-03-2014, 09:58 PM
The mpg is ***** on them. Nothing close to what's advertised. I have the 2010 tdie and it's terrible no matter how I drive it.
I have an hour commute each way, all motorway. I get 50mpg if I drive like a granny.
Around town or in traffic is shocking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk