PDA

View Full Version : New A4 with MMI - shortcut to end a phone call

nancol
10-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I have just taken delivery of my new A4 Technik with MMI. Loving the car and all the features that have changed since my previous A4.

My query is around the ending of a phone call. On my 2008 A4, when you made or received a phone call, the display would always go to the phone screen. This made it easy to end a call when complete.

So far, with the latest MMI, you can make a phone call from your handset whilst the display remains showing Radio or Nav Therefore, when you come to end the call, you have to select TEL before you get to the end call option.

Anyone have any workarounds??

neilos100
10-03-2014, 11:30 AM
May be wrong but if I recall you press the roller on the left of the steering wheel....this I think kills the call.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

M1tchy
10-03-2014, 01:00 PM
My 63 plate A7 goes to the telephone screen when a call is in progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nancol
10-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Pressing the left hand roller when not in the Phone screen has no effect

My screen will stay on Nav or Radio when a call comes so the soft key is not available until I change screen

Guest 2
10-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure on the facelift A5 (which has the same s/wheel as yours) ended the call when pressing the left scroll wheel, new A3 was the same.

Check the MMI settings menu, should be in there.

Camerashy
10-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Page 45 of MMI Manual says to end a call/cancel the dialling procedure press the Control Button to End Call

nancol
11-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Thanks Camerashy - again, you are right if you are on the phone screen at that time.

I have an update though. If I am on a call that I made from the handset and the MMI is showing NAV screen, if I press MODE on the steering wheel it brings up the phone menu on the dash. I can then select end call. Not ideal, but getting closer.

juliod
28-07-2014, 02:23 AM
I recently upgraded my MMI from 3G to 3G+ and having this same issue. Unless MMI is in already in TEL mode (ie. not Radio or Media mode), calls I make via the handset don't automatically display the telephone menu hence steering wheel button has no effect.

I've found:
- If the call is initiated from MMI Speech Recognition, MMI goes into Telephone mode no matter what the previous mode was (eg. Radio or Media) - this is perfect and as expected.
- If the call is initiated from the handset and MMI is not in TEL mode the display behind my steering wheel (is that called DIS?) shows the number being called in the top section (therefore MMI recognises a call is happening) but the big area of the display continues to display my speed rather than the telephone menu with "end call" option. I have to press MODE once to go into telephone menu, hence "end call" appears and steering wheel button works.

This is annoying, especially when my 3G MMI automatically went into TEL mode if a call was initiated from handset no matter where it was previously.

Anyone know if this is standard or some setting that can change this behavior?

Thanks.

rafletcher
28-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Surely then, the thing to do is to make calls using the tel screen on the MMI, and not through the handset? It seems totally logical to me (if I put my blinkers on, software engineer style) that if a call is started via the handset, one might reasonably expect it to be terminated via the handset too. Same goes for MMI tel screen.