PDA

View Full Version : Folders/Albums with AMI

Camerashy
09-03-2014, 05:20 PM
I seem to be struggling to understand the AMI set up despite reading the Manual so any help would be greatly appreciated.
For example when I attached my iPod which has a number of Albums on it then open it up there are no folders or albums showing the individual album titles just one complete list of all the music on the iPod and the same goes for my iPhone.
Is it not possible to create albums or folders in the Jukebox for individual artists or to display them as per my iPod and iPhone.
thanks
dave

_tones
09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
I seem to be struggling to understand the AMI set up despite reading the Manual so any help would be greatly appreciated.
For example when I attached my iPod which has a number of Albums on it then open it up there are no folders or albums showing the individual album titles just one complete list of all the music on the iPod and the same goes for my iPhone.
Is it not possible to create albums or folders in the Jukebox for individual artists or to display them as per my iPod and iPhone.
thanks
dave

Not sure which model year your car is but on mine, I believe I have options for Album, Artist, Genre e.t.c. If you see the full list of songs then you will be under Tracks section. Press the Media button again or Return may work which allow you to view albums, artists and so on. Note, the MMI reads ID3 tracks to show list of artists, albums and other track information so your tracks need t have this information. Otherwise they will be under unknown or something similar. You can also access playlists too from the same section as choosing Albums and so forth

Camerashy
09-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks, Tones, I have a 2014 A4 SE Technik will check to see if I have those Album, Artist, Genre settings and dabble a little deeper.
thanks again
dave

_tones
09-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks, Tones, I have a 2014 A4 SE Technik will check to see if I have those Album, Artist, Genre settings and dabble a little deeper.
thanks again
dave

Ok, mine is pre facelift so mmi 3g so not sure if mmi 3g+ with Ami is different. Can't see why that would change.

gregpot2000
10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Anyone else with a lot of music think it's a bit clunky and slow? I have 18,000 songs on my ipod, and when loading loading artists it takes about 10 seconds, and often just locks up and goes back to all songs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk