PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when someone hits your B8 from the rear at 30mph

gdallas
08-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Hardly anything!
I stop to let a fire appliance out from the station to attend an emergency, the woman behind me (god knows what’s she’s doing, day dreaming, texting maybe) smacks right into my stationary vehicle at 30mph. as a precaution, the ambulance took us for a check up. My necks stiff, but apparently just a sprained trapezius muscle or something from the impact. Bit stiff tbh, one of my daughters hurt her head, but we got a clean bill of health from the hospital. The red flashing lights were not on though, they havent worked for donkeys at this station, or a best intermittently.

Anyway, I was impressed by the old girls ability to protect us actually with hardly a scratch on her. Airbags were not deployed.

Guest 2
08-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Hope the repair goes smoothly and glad none of you were seriously hurt .. Fiesta didn't take it too well :rolleyes:

iamdarren
08-03-2014, 06:27 PM
very lucky outcome, hopefully your car will be sorted shortly and you will be a given a very nice hirecar to use inbetween :)

Eshrules
08-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Nice to see the fiestas crumple zone doing its job (^_-) your back end looks twisted to me.

Be interesting to see how it's faired underneath, I remember the golf showing no visible damage on the front end and it needed a new slam panel it had bent in that much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

gdallas
08-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Yip, designed to do that. I'm taking her to Audi this coming week I'm sure they'll give her a good going over.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gtime
08-03-2014, 07:40 PM
As above, someone decided they didn't like the back end of our mk6 golf, wife called me to say someone had crashed into her but was ok. When I got home I went inside in a rage saying it wasn't funny to lie about a crash, then found a tiny crease, but had fully pushed back the crumple protector or whatever it was behind the bumper.
But glad all of you are ok and car came of better then the fez

neebsta
08-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Glad no one is hurt, speedy recovery. It'll be interesting to see the impact damage behind that bumper.

Michealewk
08-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Get the pink forms in lol no all joking aside hope everyone is alright

gdallas
09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Pink forms?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

theskyfox
10-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm not surprised. VW Golfs are famous for being like tanks in this situation too. I nickname Ford fiestas "T34s" as in the Russian T34 tank. Why? Because they were poorly built, thrown together quickly and fit for purpose in the most basic sense of the word. When they got hit, they blew to bits...but had the advantage of sheer quantities of mass production. I see millions of Fiestas on the roads and they tend to be driven by either girls who are too busy texting or wannabe boy racers that can't get insured on a big engined car.

-Andrew

Hex69
10-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks for that stereotyping!

Currently driving a Fiesta and it's no worse put together than any of the 3 VW's I've owned, and certainly much more fun to drive.

Sam
10-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks for that stereotyping!

Currently driving a Fiesta and it's no worse put together than any of the 3 VW's I've owned, and certainly much more fun to drive.

S'ok, everyone knows Audi drivers are the new BMW drivers :)

theskyfox
10-03-2014, 04:11 PM
lol, sorry no offense intended. I'm driving in Essex and get rattled by the M25 every week.

-Andrew