PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo Night alloys

robin666
08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Has anyone on the forum had or heard of any problems with corrosion on night alloys, I bought my Polo September 2013 and paid £400 to upgrade to these wheels, it certainly was no upgrade one of the wheels is showing signs of corrosion after only 6 months, one of the spokes on the edge where the polished alloy meets the black paint has the classic alloy rot marks also on the same wheel, the round area just outboard of the logo badge. One of the other wheels also has a small mark on the diameter just outboard of the logo badge, so I will be keeping an eye on that wheel to see if it develops any further. I took the car back to the dealer and there was no quibble about changing the worst of the 2 wheels, in fact the warranty guy said it was so bad he didn't need to take a photo. I bought a new car expecting to get at least 3 years trouble free motoring, so for this reason a would like to reject these wheels for a different type. But VW say they will only replace like for like, so now through no fault of my own I'm stuck with a set of wheels that will no doubt end up looking awful within the next few years. Well done VW!

discobarry
27-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Do you clean and wax them? if you don't it will certainly help them in the long run but obviously it won't totally prevent the problem.