PDA

View Full Version : Girl In NEED of help!!!!

dollydyne1991
07-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Hello All

Ive got a slight problem with my MK4 Golf im wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions...

mk4 Golf V5 2002

I have recently brought this car about 1 month ago, I also own a 2.0 Gti golf as well

When i went and picked her up the seller told me there was a problem with the Drivers side door and it just 'stopped working' so i still bought it and drove it home.

I have finally had chance to look at it and as i took the door card off i smelt burning, so i automatically assumed it was the window motor that had burnt out.
I went and brought a new one and put that on checked that it all worked then put the door card back on, after putting the door card on the window stopped working!
I took it all back off and made sure everything was clipped in and fine and it was. so put the door card on and it stopped working again!!

I disconnected the battery, then re connected it and the window works, BUT only for about 5 mins.

The drivers side door isnt locking on the central locking i can only unlock and lock the drivers door by key, but the boot and passenger door works fine on the key button.
My Alarm for the car still works fine.

I have been told by VW that the window motor has a little computer and it needs to be programmed to the car but i really honestly cant see it being that!!
ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE ALL WELCOMES

Thank you..

Hannah

Mikedelta
07-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I am not a VW expert but it is noy unusual for wires to snap and short inside the loom that leads a bunch of wires into the door from the front pillar, as for window motor and incorporating microprocessors in everything we see now a days, i can't wait to see when they will be fitting micro chips on our toilet paper roll to see if we have wiped our **** properly! (LOL)