PDA

View Full Version : just joined, seeking help for a non starting VW Golf 1.6 FSI

Mikedelta
07-03-2014, 01:17 AM
As per title, please pardon me if I am in a wrong section, I have been trying to figure out Forum sections and failed misrably! may be may be not.:Blush:

A friend has a VW Golf I.6 FSI.

Stopped whilst being driven, engine cut out, no fault codes, no nothing stored in the ECU. Just refuses to start.

Checked cat for blockage, checked various things like spark, fuel pressure and all seems fine, starts when you spray Engine starting spray into the throttle body, revs as long as the trottle is open and the spray continues, but does not run when the spray stops.

so this points to some kind of fuel delivery.....injectors, but not sure if it may be a simple fault like a fuse for injectors?

Already changed the suspected Crank sensor, took me and another guy about 4 hours to do this damn thing located so secretly that the Germans did not want us to find out where their secret weapons are located! with a bit of mirror and 4 hands, a long allen key, and removed the drivers side drive shaft and the thing became a little seeable, but what a bugger trying to fit the key into the hex bolt! night mare it was!

still all that effort wasted, car still refuses to start, obviously if it runs of engine starting spray then ignition circuits must be Ok, and fuel squirts under immense pressure, plugs are all Ok and dry, not flooded, butterfly opens and closes proportionally to throttle pedal, just can't figure out what it may be, fuel unedr strong pressure and you can hear the pump running. please kindly help if you have encountered a similar problem

I will be checking ECU connections, somewhere i read it may be a poor connection between the loom and the ecu, but I don't know where it is located perhaps someone can point where it is located without me tracing wiring harness through sound proof padding etc, I hate to rip things off unnecessarily. Thanks in advance.;)

Sam
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Welcome to VWAF

Try posing your question in the Golf section - Golf - Jetta - Vento - Bora (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-Golf-Jetta-Vento-Bora)

Mikedelta
07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry mycarsavw, for the life of me, I just could not find any information on these forums which is car specific and problem specific, I am a member of Migweb as I own a Calibra, and I know how to use car forums, there are sections and catagories, but I just could not find any on your web page, why I don't know, only that now you have provided the links in your above post that I can get to those sections directly from your links, but there are no boxes or buttons for individual sections when I first sign in, so how do I go about choosing the right section, defies me.

May be I am getting ona bit now ! :1zhelp:

Sam
07-03-2014, 12:12 PM
We cover a huge range of marques/models/topics so we've had to go about things in a slightly different way to most forums which are, in the main, model/marque specific.

If you start at the main page here > VW AUDI Forum - VWAF (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forum.php) < you should be able to scroll through the various sections

You're after the Model Specific Sections > Volkswagen > Golf - Jetta - Vento - Bora > then just bung your post in whatever section covers your model year.

It's quite daunting at first but hopefully it's all set out logically once you know what it is you're looking for.

Mikedelta
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, I am just not able to scroll to anywhere, where it says Golf and other cars as stated by you, sees there is a problem with my browser may be, but I can use your post link to jump to Golf for instance, and then I find I can read all posts there and reply to them but I can't seem to start a new thread! (LOL) problems after problems!

I might try another computer with Vista as I am using my favorite one still using XP! :zx11:

Sam
07-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Very odd.

It looks like you're using IE8 with XP so there shouldn't be any issues accessing the forum at all.

I've raised the issue and hopefully someone will have a proper look under the covers soon.

If you let me know the year of your Golf I'll start a new thread for you and you can reply to get the ball rolling.

Mikedelta
08-03-2014, 02:00 AM
screen shot of vwaudi forum, and you can see I clicked on Forums and that is how the page opens giving me no choice to select any specific forums.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/msgcheckout/ScreenshotofVWAudiforums_zpscccc973c.png (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/msgcheckout/media/ScreenshotofVWAudiforums_zpscccc973c.png.html)

Sam
10-03-2014, 09:58 AM
You should be able to scroll down to see the rest of the sections?

Here's a screenshot of all the sections collapsed so you can see them all in one image