PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensors

stonedagain
13-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi,
I have just bought an aftermarket parking sensor kit to fit to my 2001 Passat. Where is the best position to mount the sensors? I read in one of the threads about a lower bumper section with the holes already in, but I saw a Passat locally with them fitted in the rear bumper insert. I removed my rear bumper, & behind the insert there are four holes that appear to be for sensors. Looking through the holes, there are circles scribed on the back of the inserts, the same diameter as the sensors. Does anyone know where the factory fitted sensors are mounted?:1zhelp:
Cheers.

12bamf
13-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi !
Presumably you have a saloon being as you are going on about the marks on the inside of the bumper. If so then you have found the positions for your sensors. Another bit of useful info is, to get the wires into the boot area. On the offside rear there is a plastic cover between the rear wheel and the bumper. Remove this and you will see a rubber gromet about 40mm dia. You can take this out to drill to make life easier, you can get to this grommet from the boot area by just lifting carpet trim on right hand side.
Have fun!!!!

snapdragon
13-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Also, there is a spare two pin socket on each lamp cluster into which you can plug crimped mini-lucar connectors for your 12V reversing light power.

stonedagain
13-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, chaps. I wanted to be sure before drilling holes in the wrong place!:D

hotrod09
22-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if these holes also exist in the Estate version??? I have a 2000 Estate and if I have a chance of not needing to measure everything that would be great!

snapdragon
22-09-2007, 10:52 PM
For the estate, you need to buy a new lower black valence for £38 which already has 4 holes in it which point up slightly.

SwissChris
23-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone know where to get sensor kits? also how easy to fit and are they any good?

Cheers

Chris

hotrod09
23-09-2007, 10:59 PM
For the estate, you need to buy a new lower black valence for £38 which already has 4 holes in it which point up slightly.

Any idea where to get it? I seem to struggle to find one.

D'Squared
24-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Any idea where to get it? I seem to struggle to find one.

any vw dealer can sell you one, its the rear valance from the later b5.5 highline estate...

hotrod09
30-09-2007, 10:42 AM
any vw dealer can sell you one, its the rear valance from the later b5.5 highline estate...

Cheers for the hint. I had a look under the car last night to have a look at things - GUess I won't be doing the sensors next as I have two split CV boots up front that want doing ASAP!!!!:zx11: