PDA

View Full Version : Audi Music Interface - iPhone 5

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm trying to add some albums which I have on my iPhone 5S into my Jukebox collection but presume this cannot be done wirelessly. The connections which I have are not the iPhone 5S lightning connection type but the iPhone 4S type so any ideas please where I can pick up a cheap iPhone to lightning connector.
thanks
dave

Guest 2
06-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Non genuine ones won't work, spend the £25 and it'll be flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Chris - help me out here please as I'm a dinosaur when it comes to anything like this!!!!
what do I need....just been doing some more reading on here could I add albums on to a USB stick and then transfer then to the Jukebox that way as the car came with both a USB connection and iPhone oneThanks
dave

Guest 2
06-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Not100% sure if they'll transfer using the USB stick, no harm in trying I suppose but it you're going to use the 5S in the AMI anyway you'll need the lightning adapter from apple.

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Many thanks for your quick reply, I'll try the USB first to see if it does work

M1tchy
06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
If you are going to spend the £25 on a connector, I would get on eBay and buy an older iPod shuffle or something for that price with the old 30 pin connector. You can leave it in the car permanently that way

Guest 2
06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
This is the adapter you need for the phone, apple have us wrapped round their little finger!

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter - Apple Store (UK) (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter)

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your help Chris and for the link.
you just reminded me I have an old iPod so will probably do as you say and leave it permanently connected
thanks again
dave

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 09:04 PM
If you are going to spend the £25 on a connector, I would get on eBay and buy an older iPod shuffle or something for that price with the old 30 pin connector. You can leave it in the car permanently that way

Just another question please regarding the iPod connection. if I connect this via the supplied cable and then leave it plugged in, in the glove compartment would I need to turn it on and off each time or would it do it automatically through the ignition switch.
thanks

Dave

Guest 2
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
No interaction needed, will come on with the car.

Camerashy
06-03-2014, 09:15 PM
No interaction needed, will come on with the car.

Thanks, Chris, for your quick reply....very helpful
dave

eonbkuk
07-03-2014, 02:39 AM
the only downside is you will have to charge your phone somewhere else

M1tchy
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
A £3 twin USB cigarette charger sorts that out. (I have a twin as it's about £1 more than a single charger and the mrs can charge her phone at the same time)