PDA

View Full Version : Low mpg and low power..

thesoundone
03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this..

I recently purchased an altea 2.0 tdi sport with the BKD engine and it has 130,000 on the clock.

Driving it around I noticed that it doesn't feel like the turbo is fully boosting and it almost feels like the revs are restricted. Over a 40 mile run down the A1 at 60mph all I managed was 41mpg. It also feels like its just running a bit rough in general. It hasn't gone into limp mode but it doesn't feel too far off that kind of drop in power. It takes around 10 seconds to go from 60 - 70..

The engine light is on and it's has the following fault codes stored: 17058 and 04753. I think the first code relates to glow plugs but can't find anything on the second one..

It's gone back to the garage where I bought it but they are saying that they have simply cleared the codes and it's running great now. I'm picking it up tomorrow but I wanted to get to grips with what might be causing it..

I've had a few TDI's now and this one is the slowest and most thirsty one of the lot. There's clearly something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk