PDA

View Full Version : Larger Alternative to an A4 Avant 2.0TFSI Quattro

Mike2.0TQ
03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi All,

Just had a major service done on the car and it's come back needing quite a few bits doing to it, lower arm ball joints, upper left Suspension mounts, 4 new tyres.......big bucks!!!!

The car has only done 38K but is on an 05 plate so we're debating whether or not it's worth us just trading in for something newer and larger - although it is an estate, I'm over 6 foot and with 2 car seats in the back there's little room for much else with the drivers seat in the position I like it!

I've been racking my brains but I can't come up with an affordable alternative that fits the bill in terms of being larger, and being as quick. I'm being pulled to a 3.0TDI A6 Avant but we only do around 8k per year!? I don't think I'd persuade the mrs to get a 3.2FSI, as much as I'd like one, and I bet they're expensive to run.

I keep hankering over an SMAX Titanium Sport 240 - please someone help me before I do it!!!!

I would love an X5 or Q7 but am concerned about the running costs - particularly for the Q7 (road tax - WOW!!)

Amyone overcome a similar quandry? Budget is 20k MAX!

Thanks,

Mike.

windyj
07-03-2014, 08:55 AM
What about this!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310249434552/sort/default/usedcars/radius/1500/model/a6/postcode/gu140rh/page/1/keywords/3.0tfsi/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/audi/price-to/20000/price-from/13000?logcode=p

willie1973
07-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Now You know why everyone drives about in a Ford van or a 4x4.

You should be able to get a good spec last c6 a6.

I don't see the issue with doing your mileage and having a diesel, as long as the journeys are long enough not to cause DPF problems.

V6 diesels are very different to 4 cylinder tractors....give one a go.

I am in a similar quandary, with people telling me to buy petrol. There are very few about.

I would also be a bit wary of being in the top two road tax bands as there is no telling how punitive the annual increases may be.