PDA

View Full Version : Question Is A4 B8 2.0TDI 88kw is sluggish, slow?

tomas_v
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Decided to buy A4 B8 Avant. Will be trying few in coming week(s)
For the price I am willing to pay most of the cars are 2.0tdi 88kw, 120hp. And one is 1.8TFSI. On some forums i have read that it is kinda slowish.
Any truth in that? Currently I am driving A6 C5 Avant 1.8TQ. It's not the fastest car. But its kinda enough. No problems on highways and enough for city driving.
Will the newer 2.0TDI will be on at least similar level? :)
I am not a speed freak, calm driver, but want a car that can overtake other cars without problem. Still have some fun, not to drive like an old geezer :)
I wouldn't think that much and buy TFSI, but that car is basic model, and diesels have more features (nav, parking etc.) for less money.
Thanks for your opinions.

Guest 2
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Could you stretch to the 140? I drove one and its quick enough, also in Avant form it was fine.

tomas_v
02-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I one 140 on my list, one 1.8TFSI, and like four 120.
But that 140 is kinda far from me.
Just need to stop my self, cause i am a bit hasty :) Can be that I will try one or two and leave the rest, don't have the patience to wait :)

mkc
04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I one 140 on my list, one 1.8TFSI, and like four 120.
But that 140 is kinda far from me.
Just need to stop my self, cause i am a bit hasty :) Can be that I will try one or two and leave the rest, don't have the patience to wait :)

I drove the 1.8T 120, it was terrible. Went for the 160 1.8T in the end. 2.0T was something else but company car scheme said I could only have that in basic form. Slightly more punch when over taking. This was 2008 and the models have changed a lot since so not sure if its the same TFSI engine. Not driven the derv. I cant imagine there is much difference in the performance of the 120 bhp petrol and derv. May aswell get the diesel if it offer better economy and you get a better spec.

tomas_v
04-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks,
well I suppose there is only way for me to decide. Just drive few and thats it.
Will try one on Saturday, and maybe another one tomorrow if I manage to find some time.