PDA

View Full Version : newbie passat owner audio question

chemblue
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi

I have just bought a volkswagen passat tdi sport blue motion 2ltr saloon. She is beautiful. Everything is great. Only struggle I have is that I am used to having a multi cd changer and it appears that I only have a single player with ipod dock in the glove box. Can I get a cd changer that fits in the glove box. I do not have an ipod, not very technical I am afraid. What would you advise. Is mp3 ? the way to go. If so why.

have a good day.

sorry should have told you 2011 model

CovRob
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
You could try what I did...load your CDs onto a home computer and then copy to a USB memory stick that can plug in to the glovebox connector. Saves being limited to 6 CDs. You can have your whole collection if you wanted.

redhearse
05-03-2014, 09:46 AM
The multi changers in some cars are built in to the head unit and hidden behind the display. Try putting in more than one CD into the single slot. If it accepts it you know you have a multi changer :-)

chemblue
09-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi

Thank you for your response both definitely not a multi change - only accepts one CD. Considering the MP3 option, but would still prefer having a multi cd changer.

Thanking you.

Beautiful day today!!