PDA

View Full Version : 100 to 130 bhp

Irri_Tant
13-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi, new here so bear with me

looking to buy a Highline 130bhp but may have to get 100bhp model

is it possible to go 100 to 130bhp with simple ecu upgrade/chip that VW or others can do or is it the engine spec that's diiferent?

If it's ecu based what's the cost in £'s

thanx

ini
13-09-2007, 11:55 AM
The PD100 can easily be remapped to 130bhp+

The 130 would be preferable though, as it has larger injectors, stronger clutch, better turbo etc as standard.

The forum member 'chip-n-spin' is currently offering discounted tuning.

bora(ing) nick
13-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi, new here so bear with me

looking to buy a Highline 130bhp but may have to get 100bhp model

is it possible to go 100 to 130bhp with simple ecu upgrade/chip that VW or others can do or is it the engine spec that's diiferent?

If it's ecu based what's the cost in £'s

thanx

High, i drive a bora pd100, and it's booked in for a remap this weekend at chipped uk in bromsgrove. (special offer £250 inc before and after rolling road runs)

At present my car has 100PS and 177nm torque, and after the remap i've been told i can expect around 140PS and 257nm torque.

So the answer to your question is yes it can be done...

Nick

Irri_Tant
13-09-2007, 01:28 PM
any idea by how much would the upgrade in bhp affect the mpg?

only looking for the extra umph to pull the cars weight rather than how fast she'll go

The forum member 'chip-n-spin' is currently offering discounted tuning.

I look for them on the forum

bora(ing) nick
13-09-2007, 01:39 PM
any idea by how much would the upgrade in bhp affect the mpg?

only looking for the extra umph to pull the cars weight rather than how fast she'll go

I look for them on the forum

The umph is torque, and this is increased by circa 80nm... thats over a 45% increase on the standard map....

MPG in theory is slightly better because of the higher torque, but in practise, i've been told that once you have the extra power, you'll use it! so generally it depends on your driving style, but could be anything between -4mpg +3mpg i think....

It's nothing compared to the smile factor.

Nick

VanWheeler
13-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I've seen improvements of up to 5-6mpg, again all depends on how you drive.

We can aim the map more towards MPG if you wish.

Thanks, Mark

The umph is torque, and this is increased by circa 80nm... thats over a 45% increase on the standard map....

MPG in theory is slightly better because of the higher torque, but in practise, i've been told that once you have the extra power, you'll use it! so generally it depends on your driving style, but could be anything between -4mpg +3mpg i think....

It's nothing compared to the smile factor.

Nick

Irri_Tant
14-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Thanks, Mark

I'm a smooth driver looking more for MPG. I've no need to boot it around town or country roads, would a Passat be upto it, I doubt it, I'd get a GTI for that . Give it the odd squirt now & then or when needed to overtake but that's about it.

I'll have to find sometjing closer to home to if I'm to chip it as chip-n-spin asre to far away from me in Billingham

VanWheeler
14-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm actually based just north of London. It's chipped UK that are near birmingham.

Feel free to call me on 07756 190026 if you want any further details.

Thanks Mark

bora(ing) nick
17-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Thanks, Mark

I'm a smooth driver looking more for MPG. I've no need to boot it around town or country roads, would a Passat be upto it, I doubt it, I'd get a GTI for that . Give it the odd squirt now & then or when needed to overtake but that's about it.

I'll have to find sometjing closer to home to if I'm to chip it as chip-n-spin asre to far away from me in Billingham

Get it done!!!

I hd mine mapped on sunday and got 7mpg more coming home than i di going there.. and i was making full use of the new software;)

You wont regret it, i promise. :beerchug:

Nick

Irri_Tant
17-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Get it done!!!
Nick

Hope it's as good on my new motor.

Picking up a Highline 130 on the 18th :D

So that's get it chipped & fit the cruise to do & I'll be sotred

Irri_Tant
18-09-2007, 07:02 PM
and got 7mpg more coming home than i di going there.. and i was making full use of the new software;)

Just back from Northampton to Teesside @ she's done 52.4mpg :D

down side was the £50 to fill it, ouch:(, but it will go further than I'm used to with the Rover 420 @ 44'ish mpg :D