PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows lower themselves!

mike thomas
13-09-2007, 11:33 AM
A friend has a wierd problem on his Mark 3 Golf. All four electric windows lower themserlves while the car is parked - perhaps twice a week. Also the door locks don't work any more. The two problems may be unconnercted of course.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks

Mike

Mattygreg05
13-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm guessing that they are both connected.

On My tdi you can raise all four or lower all four when turning the key in the door, passenger or drivers side. turn and hold the key clockwise and anticlockwise.

this can also be operated by a key fob automatically when using an alarm with the Central locking.

Try using the passenger door lock to lock the car incase the drives side is sticking and thus opening the windows.

Pete Taylor
26-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Problem with the total closure on the car.

If you use the outside lock and unlock the car but hold the car to the far left, all the windows will open, if you hold it in the locked position it will close all the windows.

Inbetween the car and door is a thick rubber trunking which all the door wiring goes through from the car, pull back the trunking and inspect the thick brown wire for damage. This is what normally causes the problem of windows opening by themselves. Considering it's intermittant i'd say it's a damaged wire or connection rather than the lock microswitch

Sollie
30-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Had the same problem traced it to broken wires in the rubber covered loom between drivers door and door pillar.