PDA

View Full Version : Temperamental technical issue and topping up oil.

wicked677
27-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I have a 1.8TFSI petrol that loves to drink oil, topped her up using my emergency supply the other day as got caught short driving into Birmingham.

However I have one major issue that I am not able to view howmuch oil to add or how much is currently there on the screen.

According to the manual, you open the bonnet, put the oil in, screw the top back up, drop the bonnet and push the key so the electrics start. However 99% of the time I get a c annot read oil message.

I tried another way, whereby I left the door and bonnet open and in the steering wheel dash I had a gauage from there telling me precisously how much oil to add. Went back topped up more, came back to read again using the same method and it had gone?

The manual instructions do not work and its difficult to know how much to top up without a dip stick. However after say 50-100 the oil information displays on my screen, but really why should I drive 50 miles for this?

Does anyone else have this problem, I am tempted to take to audi to investigate but figured I would ask here first!

Guest 2
27-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Fit the dipstick, there was a recent thread on it I think.