12-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I have an A6 1996 2.6 SE. All the LED type indicators have stopped
glowing. E G PRND321, fuel computer, outside temp, and service
indicator. all other dashboard lights working. Must be some common
supply to these that has gone. Anybody know anything about this
problem.

godfried
13-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Take the instrument cluster out. Replace relevant bulbs and your problems are over.

easytreasure
13-09-2007, 05:41 PM
The bulbs are OK. All the lights that do not come on are some sort of LCD LED display. I believe in the end it will be some sort of electronic problem., but do not know where to start.

adamss24
13-09-2007, 05:57 PM
The bulbs are OK. All the lights that do not come on are some sort of LCD LED display. I believe in the end it will be some sort of electronic problem., but do not know where to start.
Had the same problem on my previous a6. Go to Maplin and buy some wire ended miniature bulbs for 12 v automotive use , then use an soldering iron and replace the burnt ones. For the auto g'box display module, you will need to replace the 2 leds behind the digital display. Not particullary difficult but a pain in the butt to get at !

godfried
13-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Yep, I had to do the same with the temperature display. Used a little scalectrics bulb, which was just the job.

easytreasure
13-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Thank you I will dismantle the display and see

easytreasure
14-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Well It was the bulbs after all. I was looking for a more complicated answer. Had to take apart gear selector display and solder in two small bulbs that I got from Maplin at a £1.00 each. Quite a tricky job. As was the bulb in the outside temp display. The other bulbs are just twist out plastic jobs. I will get these next week. Thanks to all who offered advice.