PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural maff meter

Norfolk boy
12-09-2007, 10:57 PM
my father has a '96 golf 1.9tdi estate which he is happy as a pig with but I noticed the other day when visiting that the maff meter wasn't connected and the plug tucked under the wiring loom. He just said "a maff what?" and told me it runs as sweet as a pea, pulls the caravan better than his old mondeo could ever dream of doing and to shut the bonnet before I found something else wrong. It has the pierburg meter and does drive perfectly o.k although i've never driven another tdi golf to know if performance is or isn't what it should be. Any ideas on this telepathic meter?

onzarob
12-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Have you tried plugging it in? If id runs poorly then the maf is faulty, geta new one and then you'll really know performance;)

Norfolk boy
13-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi onzarob. Thanks for that. Sorry I should have said, we did plug it in and my father took it for a spin and reckoned it made no difference but then he doesn't exactly give his cars much in the way of welly so would probably not get to the point in the engines power delivery where he'd notice anything amiss anyway. Perhaps a good thrash with it both plugged and unplugged?