PDA

View Full Version : Juddering when setting off, hard to get into 1st

Sparky_143
24-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Hi all
i had the DMF and new clutch done about 3,000 miles ago but I've noticed recently it's hard to get into 1st gear and juddered when setting off, in cold and when the car warms up. If I over rev when setting off there is no juddering.
Is this symptoms of the release bearing failing?
Or could it need a software update? How can I check if it has ever had the update?
I'm unaware of when the last gearbox oil change was done, if this could cause these issues.
Any other ideas?
Just a bit annoyed that after new DMF and clutch these issues are still there
Cheers
john

Sparky_143
26-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Any help, anyone??

Boy
26-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi, it might help to know what your car is.....what gearbox etc.
It sounds as if you ought to return to the garage which fitted the new clutch.

Sparky_143
26-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi, it might help to know what your car is.....what gearbox etc.
It sounds as if you ought to return to the garage which fitted the new clutch.
Sorry, it's a 2008 audi a4 2.0 tdi 143 manual 6 speed gear box
is there any way to check if the software update has been done for the clutch sensor which gets mentioned a lot

Guest 2
26-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Ring Audi Customer Services or check with your local dealer.

If dealer serviced it will be done automatically.

Sparky_143
26-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Ring Audi Customer Services or check with your local dealer.

If dealer serviced it will be done automatically.

Ill call them tomorrow because I want to get a price on brake fluid, fuel filter and gear box oil change
cheers

Guest 2
26-02-2014, 09:54 PM
BFC is £59 :)

Fixed-price servicing < Servicing with Audi < Owners area < Audi (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-with-audi/affordable-servicing.html)

fat controller
26-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Was the clutch and DMF changed by a dealer?

Sparky_143
26-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Was the clutch and DMF changed by a dealer?
no, it was done at a private garage under a 3 month warranty claim which the garage i bought the car from sorted
he said he fitted genuine parts and they have a lifetime guarantee

fat controller
26-02-2014, 10:31 PM
no, it was done at a private garage under a 3 month warranty claim which the garage i bought the car from sorted
he said he fitted genuine parts and they have a lifetime guarantee

I would be straight back to them then, because the repair appears not to have worked

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sparky_143
26-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I would be straight back to them then, because the repair appears not to have worked

It went in for a slipping clutch and that's when they said the DMF was knackered also, I think I'll drop it in this weekend and get them to take a look, I'll check with audi about the possible software update first and go from there

xtremist
07-03-2014, 08:49 AM

Agreed, mine was replaced 12 months ago and clutch started to slip 19k miles later, the garage that fitted it ended up changing it for a second time.

b8sline
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I’m experiencing this also, the car is a bit of a pain to drive in towns where you do a lot stopping and pulling away at junctions . Deciding when slowing right down whether I can move off in 2nd or put it in 1st is a nightmare, I end up riding the clutch. It gives an embarrassing rattle when the clutch pedal is pressed to it’s biting point, more notably when reversing.
The car still has over a months warranty left so phoned them to ask if the DMF is covered and they said yes. Our mechanic is to phone them to confirm the cause and they will take it from there. Either way I will get the DMF & new clutch kit fitted at the same time.

Forgot to say the car is a 58 plate 143 TDI Avant remapped to around 170 with 68k miles.