PDA

View Full Version : Would like some info on potential purchase of new 1.8 Multitronic Saloon.

Vogon
23-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi Guys,
I am considering getting a 1.8 Multitronic SE Technik A4 Saloon.
Can anyone tell me if there are any known issues with the 1.8 TFSI 170 engine, and how reliable is the multitronic transmission ?

(And is it just me, but typing on here seems to have some sort of delay resulting in missing letters and spaces which I have to correct !)

Boy
23-02-2014, 12:51 PM
It is not just you. I also have symptoms as if the keyboard has lost function once the forum starts to auto-save the script.
As to the car, I have no experience but notice that oil consumption seems a serious issue for several on here.

Vogon
23-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Either no one knows, or the question has been asked umpteen times.
That or its too frustrating to type .... Never had this much trouble typing on forums, hopefully it will be fixed soon !

audi_guy
26-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I have a 63 plate A4 SE Technik Multitronic 1.8 TFSI 170.

It is an absolutely amazing car, so smooth and loads of tourque, very happy with it.

It has had one fault - the throttle body failed at 1,250 miles on a fast stretch of the A27 and instantly went into "limp home" mode. Car was recovered by Audi Assistance and a new throttle body fitted within 24 hours and I was back in her again.

No other problems as yet.

I seem to get about 26 - 30 MPG around town and about 41MPG on a run - still not really run in yet tho - not bas as i'm a tad lead footed.

Used about half a litre of oil in the first 1500 miles, topped up, now on 6000 and hasn't used a drop.

It really is a great engine, the exhaust note is really nice and it's so smooth and responsive.

As long as you change the oil in the multitronic box every 35K as required, there should be no faults.

I'd say go for it!

Vogon
26-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the reply audi_guy :)

junchen
05-03-2014, 03:10 PM
It's a good car, with a comfortable multitronic gb. If u are not into modding your cars beyond stage 1, get the 1.8. If you are into k04, hybrid turbo, etc, get the 2.0. There's tons more mods for the 2.0.

Excellent car for a daily driver. At 90k km, I have replaced the following
1) fuel cap flap solenoid (under warranty)
2) 4 x ignition coils (preventive maintenance, recently)
3) 1 pair of d3s hid lights
4) pcv valve (just after warranty ends, so paid from own pocket - 2xx bucks)
5) bonnet hood support (replaced under warranty)
Otherwise, it's fault free, trouble free and brings me plenty of smiles per mile.

OK forgot to add that it's consuming some engine oil, but nothing a carton of cheap oils from Amazon won't solve.
Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk