PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a A4 170 Black Edition

darius6745
21-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi all

As the title says really just been to see an 61 plate a4 170 black edition which looks the business and love the extra features over the s-line which i currently have. Just after a bit of advise really as the one ive been to see is a bit lumpy on tick over and made me worry a little so i said to the garage that as its still under warranty i want them to get it back to audi to make sure all is ok.
The garage just got back to me telling me audi said that its quite common with the 170 engine and its nothing to worry about....they said that audi would provide written confirmation of this.
Is there anything to worry about?? had anyone got one of these with the same problem??

cheers in advance.

goader
21-02-2014, 11:54 PM
I have the same car from new. Good running car with all the extra features a plus. However, I have been plaqued with water dropping of the door seals onto the seats. See my previous posts. I was told it is a characteristic of the car. Ended up having to accept this with free servicing package as a way of apology.

darius6745
22-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I have the same car from new. Good running car with all the extra features a plus. However, I have been plaqued with water dropping of the door seals onto the seats. See my previous posts. I was told it is a characteristic of the car. Ended up having to accept this with free servicing package as a way of apology.

Thanks i will have to check that when i go to view the car again next week. Had a car years ago that did that and it drove me nuts! Have you had any other issues? Is yours ok on tick over?

Phil K
22-02-2014, 11:08 PM
We don't have a BE but have the same engine - which is also quite lumpy at idle and also confirmed as normal. Thinking about it our previous one (B7) was also lumpy... Great cars though, you won't regret it :D

darius6745
23-02-2014, 05:24 PM
We don't have a BE but have the same engine - which is also quite lumpy at idle and also confirmed as normal. Thinking about it our previous one (B7) was also lumpy... Great cars though, you won't regret it :D

Thanks thats put my mind at rest! you never know with some used car garages whether or not they are bulls**tters just trying to make a sale. Anything else you think i should look out for? cheers

goader
23-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Yip No issues with the engine. Seems fine to me. This is my second Diesel Sline and both have been fine.