PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra 2004 6-speed gearbox "snatching" when cold

tweever
16-02-2014, 10:01 PM
I've recently acquired a 2004 Alhambra 2.0 Petrol with a 6-speed box with 74K on the clock and I think the box may be type FUZ. There is a small problem with slight "snatching" or "catching" when selecting gears when cold. You can kind of feel slight "catching" mainly in second, sometimes in third and if changing down at low speed into first. When the box warms up the issue does seem to disappear. The only other thing I've noticed is that in very cold weather the gear stick / linkage is ever so slightly squeaky (sound like it is coming from around the gear stick area) but this may not be related and again seems to disappear when warmed up.

I've tried to resolve this by having the gearbox oil changed with genuine Seat / VW gearbox oil by a main dealer (expensive!) but to be honest that has made little or no difference.

Apparently the 6-speed 'boxes are very reliable but has anyone experienced this issue with these six-speed VW gearboxes? Are they all pretty-much similar with this "feature" or is there a way to fix this as I would prefer not to live with it unless I have to!!

If a few people can share their experience of any issues with the six speed box and how / if they managed to resolve it that would be really appreciated. Thanks.