PDA

View Full Version : Car didn't unlock first time

_tones
16-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I went to unlock my car after work Friday but the car wouldn't unlock. The red light on the key lit up like it does but nothing on the car (hazard lights didn't flash and led's didn't come on). The car only unlocked after about twenty attempts of button bashing. I was next to the car the whole time. Anyone else had issues like this? I've changed the battery on the key and not had any issues since that one time but wanted to know if anyone has had similar issues? I've had it on occasion where the car wouldn't start with key in but that's rare, not sure if that was me or car!

RichA4
16-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi

I had an spell when my car wouldn't unlock immediately and would take several attempts to actually get there !!

After putting up with this for a few weeks I took it to my dealer who diagnosed a fault with the central locking.

The unit in my driver's door was replaced and all is fine now :)

fat controller
16-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Mine refused to lock the other morning at work - no idea why. I left it for ten minutes, and then went back to it and it locked instantly. No problems since.

_tones
16-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Mine refused to lock the other morning at work - no idea why. I left it for ten minutes, and then went back to it and it locked instantly. No problems since.

I've had it not lock before but that was because one the doors was not closed properly. :o

Hi

I had an spell when my car wouldn't unlock immediately and would take several attempts to actually get there !!

After putting up with this for a few weeks I took it to my dealer who diagnosed a fault with the central locking.

The unit in my driver's door was replaced and all is fine now :)

It's not happened again but if it does become regular, a trip to the dealer it will be for me also. I'm just hoping it's nothing serious. Changed the battery anyway but the little red light on the key still lit up when pressing the unlock button.

s7gpt
16-02-2014, 07:24 PM
new battery in key fob ?

_tones
16-02-2014, 07:57 PM
new battery in key fob ?

Yup, easy enough to do. Nothing wrong with car battery as far as I know.

Boy
16-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what red light in the key fob have you? is this an advanced key feature?

fat controller
16-02-2014, 10:25 PM
There is a tiny wee LED that lights when you press the buttons on the keyfob - I don't have an advanced keyfob and mine has it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Boy
16-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks FC. I never looked at the fob when pressing the key before!

fat controller
16-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I only noticed it after having the car almost a year - not something you would look for to be fair

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

_tones
16-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what red light in the key fob have you? is this an advanced key feature?

As Fat Controller says, its a little LED at top of key. I don't have advanced key either and only noticed it Friday when the car wouldn't unlock.