PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 B5 Central Locking Problem

Stevesa3
15-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi,

I've just taken out the central locking pump from my A4 B5 1997. The code on the back just states 8LO 862 57 and doesn't have any letters after even he printed code under just states I008 120997 " " with no letters in the " ". it does have the green radio cert and has been working with remote. Which replacement would best?

I'm not sure if it's the pump that's gone or the actual unit is fried. I've taken the grey cover off and dropped the board down which is covered I black (possibly carbon) and smells at little of electrical burn. When I try to lock and unlock the car I'm only hearing a couple clicks it doesn't sound like the motors running at all. The area that the unit is located is completely dry with no sign of any water marks. The funny thing is I changed the oil breather pipes in the engine bay, closed the bonnet went to lock the car and the central locking stopped working, I thought I nicked a pipe whilst working on the engine but there's nothing in there that'll effect the central locking.

Any advice?

Thanks
Steve

Stevesa3
15-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Hi,

Little update I've removed the plate to access the vacuum blades ad found that it's cracked into three parts so not the board.

Anyone know if there's a repair kit that just replaces the blades?

adamss24
16-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Hi,

Little update I've removed the plate to access the vacuum blades ad found that it's cracked into three parts so not the board.

Anyone know if there's a repair kit that just replaces the blades?
If it's of any use i have a couple of pumps about, i could send you one for £50 posted... Repair kits are also available off fleabay but they use a modified/bodged mercedes graphite impeller which is hit and miss...tried it before and got mixed results so i prefer a genuine pump instead...

Doc B
20-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Go to your local scrappy & scavenge the pump from a similar car. Dont take the whole box just the pump inside. If its covered in graphite it'll be the same as yours so try another. That's what I did for my wife's old A4 - worked a treat! Only cost me a tenner.