PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 2002 alarm issues

Lewisdeans
12-02-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering if anyone could help me here, I have a 2002 a3 1.8t with the infamous alarm problem, about a month ago the alarm started to go off sporadically, after looking on the site I noticed that there was a common fault with the siren unit, I took it out and split it open to check the batteries and they both looked fine, I never plugged the siren back in to stop the alarm sounding but the flashers were still going off. this seemed to fix it for a couple of weeks but the flashers started going off again, I've looked at the boot switch for water damage but all is good and I'm running out of ideas

kite
12-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Scan the car for faults, whatever is setting off the alarm will be logged.

bloody smart phones....

Lewisdeans
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
ive had the car scanned and it's came back with a lot of codes, alarm triggered by boot sensor, door sensors, pretty much every sensor on the car! I was unsure as to wether these we're coming up because the siren is unplugged.

sorry i forgot to mention that

kite
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Clear all the codes and rescan after your alarm has gone off. You might have to reconnect the siren.

bloody smart phones....

kite
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Clear all the codes and rescan after your alarm has gone off. You might have to reconnect the siren.

bloody smart phones....

bloody smart phones....