PDA

View Full Version : Deep scratch on the bonnet

M1tchy
09-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I was using a jet wash on the car earlier and with no warning it just stopped. As I was bracing against the power of the jet, when it stopped the nozzle smashed into the bonnet and has left a 2" scratch which is quite deep and can be felt with a finger nail when rubbing it. Gutted as that is the first bit of damage to my car after 5000miles.

Anyway I cleaned it and waxed it but it's still there. Anyone got any ideas or is it a proper paint job that's needed?

I will get a photo up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kite
09-02-2014, 11:32 PM
What about a SMART repair like chipsaway of the like.

bloody smart phones....

dno_uk
10-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Gutted for you but when it comes to such a prominent area like a bonnet I wouldn't risk smart repair. I would suggest painting the bonnet would be the only way to go, it's not worth scrimping when you think how much your car is actually worth.

Tinnycan
10-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Maybe a good compound, t-cut & wax might hide it some what. If you got a very fine ink brush you might get away with it.

M1tchy
10-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It's going in for the HUD to be replaced/silenced on Monday so will get a quote then. If it's silly money I will try and do something myself. If not I might just get it done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

passman
11-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Didn't you paint repair , scratch cover insurance when you bought the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk