PDA

View Full Version : Question Boot Lid Lock

Boy
09-02-2014, 10:25 PM
The boot lid lock on my 2008 B8 Saloon functions perfectly other than that the manual release by pressing the rubber pad above the number plate has no effect. Has anyone else suffered this defect? Has anyone changed this part?

_tones
09-02-2014, 11:29 PM
The boot lid lock on my 2008 B8 Saloon functions perfectly other than that the manual release by pressing the rubber pad above the number plate has no effect. Has anyone else suffered this defect? Has anyone changed this part?

Has it ever worked since you've owned the car? I ask because you can set it in MMI to not open when doors unlock. You can press the boot button on your key once to unlock the boot and then press then rubber pad to open...

Boy
10-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks for that suggestion. You were spot on and I was able to open the boot for the first time by pressing the rubber pad today.

_tones
11-02-2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks for that suggestion. You were spot on and I was able to open the boot for the first time by pressing the rubber pad today.

Good to hear it. I've only ever used the button on boot to test it actually works. Otherwise, just hold boot unlock button in key for it to open.