PDA

View Full Version : Constant misting up....

silo24
07-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Anyone else experiencing this? Seems to be that i have to run the front de-mister almost constantly in this weather to keep visibility up.

I thought this may have been caused by the "drench the owner when he opens the tailgate" design or the "soak the driver when he opens his window" feature, but had a chat with a mate who is an Audi Tech and he said there are reports of rear light seals on the tailgate leaking and that I should get it booked in.

Guest 2
07-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Keep AC on and keep the fan in auto.

It's just this time of year, every car does it if you leave the fan off for a second.

silo24
07-02-2014, 05:58 PM
AC is always on and always on Auto unfortunately. Actually mists up in this state after having de-misted intitially, so looks like there is some dampness somewhere.

soft
07-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Anyone else experiencing this? Seems to be that i have to run the front de-mister almost constantly in this weather to keep visibility up.

I thought this may have been caused by the "drench the owner when he opens the tailgate" design or the "soak the driver when he opens his window" feature, but had a chat with a mate who is an Audi Tech and he said there are reports of rear light seals on the tailgate leaking and that I should get it booked in.

Change the AC setting in MMI to intensive...

silo24
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Change the AC setting in MMI to intensive...

Yep, done that too... :(

M1tchy
08-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Have you checked your pollen filter? If that's damp it will most up. Also check the air vents aren't blocked with leaves etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wippa
08-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Whilst I don't get the same as you, having had an A4,A5 and now A7 this is without doubt the worst model for fogging in the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sauron
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Do you gave the air recirculation selected? I'm sure I read in the manual somewhere that if you leave this selected then the vehicle will be prone to misting?

That said, I have recirculation off and do notice a tendency for the vehicle to mist up more than previous cars, particularly the rear window, noting that my experience is solely in the somewhat moist conditions we are currently experiencing. Although I only tend to experience the problem when it has been parked outside for sometime, not an issue first thing in the morning as car garaged overnight. Also recent use has been relatively short runs with a fair amount of getting in and out in the damp conditions, a good run tomorrow will hopefully assist in generally 'drying out' the air within the vehicle?

The comment about the tailgate and window design resulting in water entry is well made and in the current conditions must be a factor in increasing moisture levels within the car.

All that said, once on the move and apart from having to use the heated rear windscreen for a time, most nights when returning to the vehicle at best I have the front de-mister on for about a minute or so (not always needed) just for an initial clearance and windows stay clear; could performance vary between the dual and 4-zone climate? Mine is the 4-zone.

rickerby
08-02-2014, 12:21 PM

I've seen all sorts of cars badly misted recently, any bit of damp from feet on mats or clothing will soon cause misting within the confines of a car. But if your Audi contact says there is an issue with rear light seals I wouldnt waste time seeing what others on here think, I'd get it booked in right away!

shabazmo
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
If it is already misted before you get in the car then you have a leak somewhere. Its just finding out where. Either rain water, coolant, aircon condensate. Best to get it to audi. My neighbour has just had a big leak on his 2008 A4 cabriolet fixed and that cost him £2000, from Audi. The whole car had to be stripped to find it.