PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a long time lurker

suityou01
05-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Looks like I'm going to be on here a lot from now on :biglaugh:

I just bought an Audi 80 Cabrio, 2.3E 10V. It needs a lot of work.:D

I just did all the under the bonnet stuff, filters, plugs, belts, water pump, stat, leads. Got her running ok.

Current list of important stuff to sort :

Judder on steering wheel when light breaking.
Occasional flat spots throughout the rev range. When it works it goes like hot snot, when it doesn't it's sluggish or intermittent power throughout the rev range.
Windows don't work.
Weaving at idle.

Other less urgent stuff :

Previous owner did a poor vinyl wrap. Either need a new wrap or respray. Advice here would be appreciated.
Boot gas struts flat.
Rear light cluster fills up like a goldfish bowl after a rain shower.

She is a 1993 (K) in silver and sounds absolutely fantastic. Any taunts of her being a hairdressers car melt away when you hear her voice. ;)

suityou01
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Looks like I'm going to be on here a lot from now on :biglaugh:

I just bought an Audi 80 Cabrio, 2.3E 10V. It needs a lot of work.:D

I just did all the under the bonnet stuff, filters, plugs, belts, water pump, stat, leads. Got her running ok.

Current list of important stuff to sort :

Judder on steering wheel when light breaking.
Occasional flat spots throughout the rev range. When it works it goes like hot snot, when it doesn't it's sluggish or intermittent power throughout the rev range.
Windows don't work.
Weaving at idle.

Other less urgent stuff :

Previous owner did a poor vinyl wrap. Either need a new wrap or respray. Advice here would be appreciated.
Boot gas struts flat.
Rear light cluster fills up like a goldfish bowl after a rain shower.

She is a 1993 (K) in silver and sounds absolutely fantastic. Any taunts of her being a hairdressers car melt away when you hear her voice. ;)

Well thanks for the warm welcome :confused:

Sam
06-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome (back) to VWAF.

Our sincere apologies for not welcoming you sooner :)

suityou01
06-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Welcome (back) to VWAF.

Our sincere apologies for not welcoming you sooner :)

Thanks. :D

Any tips for how to get the best out of this forum regarding the rather long shopping list of things I posted in the OP?

Sam
06-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Apologies yet again, I'll be chastising myself later, this simply is not good enough(!)

Most of the important things aren't vehicle specific so have a poke around using the search function up there in the top right corner.

Windows not working could be a multitude of things, pop the door cards off and have a look, check the wires that run through door jambs for breaks.

Best advice here is to look in the Audi 80 section (clicky click) (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-80-90), we have one member with an exceedingly pointy head, Zollaf, who loves his 80s (Audi and no doubt music).

Less urgent stuff, remove the wrap, see what the paint looks like, then decide.
Replace the gas struts with new/OEM ones, same with the rear cluster - sooner the better on this one.

As above though, get on over to the 80 section and see what Mr Pointy Head has to say.