PDA

View Full Version : MMI volume limit

tretsila
04-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi all, new to this forum and here's my 1st post. I have had a real good trawl through, and cannot find what i'm after, so sorry if it's on here already. I have found plenty other useful bits of info though.

I have a sept 2013 A3 sb s-line with the standard pop-up mmi and sd Nav. The trouble I'm having is the volume seems to be auto limiting. Around town etc, this is fine as the volume goes plenty loud enough, but when i'm on the motorway and the ambient noice is high, I can't hear the stereo as well as i'd like. It also seems that once i get to level 21 on the volume, and further steps and the volume doesn't change.

Sometimes if i turn it up really quickly, I'll get a sudden blast a bit louder, but then it will reduce instantly.

Has anyone else experienced this, and has anybody found the setting to stop it?

Many thanks

Al

james_tiger_woo
04-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Yep - it's self limiting. I spotted this during my 11000 miles of ownership. It seems to be so you can't blow the speakers, but I find it pretty intrusive:

10000 mile report (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?154042-10000-mile-report)

Turn the bass down as it seems to be that that's causing it - Or, if you have the subwoofer, turn that off/down. Try that and see if it makes a difference :)